• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for GRiD Compass I/II software or manuals

fvzappa

I have a working GRiD Compass II (1129) with external 5.25" floppy drive that I'd love to find some more software for. I've found a few ImageDisk images on Dave Dunfield's site, but I know there must be more out there. In particular I'm looking for

- ROM images for GRiD's version of MS-DOS
- GRiDBASIC

I'm also lacking any sort of documentation for this system. Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You might check out http://www.pd.com/gbmain.html Rob's Gridboard, or the Grid 15xx site on Yahoo which has a bunch of Grid files including Grid Dos, some of which might work with the Compass. BTW I have a Grid 5.25 FDD Grid 2202 which I believe works on a compass which is up for sale. The connector is a 3-tier bank of pins, much like a SCSI connector. I might even have the cable for it.

Lawrence

I have a working GRiD Compass II (1129) with external 5.25" floppy drive that I'd love to find some more software for. I've found a few ImageDisk images on Dave Dunfield's site, but I know there must be more out there. In particular I'm looking for

- ROM images for GRiD's version of MS-DOS
- GRiDBASIC

I'm also lacking any sort of documentation for this system. Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've got original MSDOS ROM's but they are from the later GRiDCase 3 machines so I'm not sure if they would work. Can create images if needed. Also got a pile of GRiD 5.25" disks but I'm not sure whats on them as I don't have a GRiD 5.25" drive. Lawrence, I've just PM'd you :)

Thanks Bill (and sorry for the delayed response). It looks like that's from a newer GRiD machine than the Compass 11xx series, so it's probably not going to work. But thanks anyway.

Back