• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Danesh, Communication Inter-Globe Portable LCD Computer

crustyasp

I am looking for information on a Danesh (name on case logo) Communication Inter-Globe logo on one inside top left on LCD screen, same logo right side beside LCD screen below contrast button and reset button. Also says LCD portable computer.

This is a lunchbox/sewing machine case type portable. Runs some version of DOS, has 5.25 drive and a compact disk drive (CD). It is European model as indicated by power supply. Have found site for this and emailed, no reply, as yet. Trying to access Home on site gives 403 Forbidden access error. http://danesh.com/

If anybody has any info on this system it would be greatly appreciated, I would give anybody a whole lot of love for some info. :D

A picture would be helpful. Many small system builders rebadged off-the-shelf cases with their logos.

A picture would be helpful. Many small system builders rebadged off-the-shelf cases with their logos.

I will get a picture up in a day or so. Am really busy ATM. sorting systems, manuals books etc. and honestly have no room to set a flat surface up for picture taking. But thanks I appreciate the comment.

Ya need to stack 4 different piles then get a few spare 2x4s on top for a workbench ;-)

It's not clear to me that Danesh ever had much of a web site. If you go to http://www.archive.org, to research old Danesh web page images, you'll get a lot of "coming soon" pages that appear today (I can connect with their server with no problems) as they did in 1998.

FWIW, this from their "contact" page:

Danesh Electronics
1396 St-Catherine West #304
Montreal Quebec H3G 1P7
Canada
Tel/Fax: (514) 875-7632
Web: www.danesh.com
Email: info@danesh.com

It's not clear to me that they were anything but a "white box" builder.

Thanks for the information, I am beginning to think the same thing in regards to them being a " white box builder. When I get the picture up , it may help to identify some of it or if I get a look inside, I may be able to see what it has. Ideally, I would like to boot the system, and right now don't have the time to look for a converter for plugging it in.
Again thanks.

Back