• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM Thinkpad 755CD

Wow,its been quite awhile since I've posted here..hmm...I guess its time to discuss one of my systems

I got this computer in March of 2013 in a haul of 5 laptops that I got for free. I had it sitting around for about a year,and then I finally got the Power Adapter for it,and finally got to see it. It has a Intel 486DX4 running at 100 MHz,24 MB of RAM,a Teac 2x CDROM,and the OS i guess Ill discuss. Apparently the last time it was used,it was a attempted Windows 98 Install gone wrong,because it ended with a Windows Protection error every time it started. So(because there's a problem with the CDROM) i couldnt do anything with it for awhile,until i went into command prompt,and said c:/windows/uninstall,and apparently i could uninstall Windows 98 and revert back to Windows 95.This is were things got interesting,apparently it used to be owned by a Speakeasy Bar,and it had all of their documents including the food craving menu. It had a copy of Office 97 and I used it to type some documents since the keyboard is really nice to type on. I plan on getting a replacement battery because apparently the one that was in there went wrong and leaked(but did not damage any of the motherboard thank god) and caused some reloop problems until i removed it,also plan to get a new charger since mine kinda stopped working for some reason,and also plan to get a new CDROM because it powers on and everything,but it never spins up the disc or even attempts to read it for some reason,what do you guys think is the problem?anyway glad to be back on this forum,think i missed alot

Back