• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Panasonic Sr Partner Memory errors

offensive_Jerk

Veteran Member
I just received a Sr Partner.

It will sporadically boot with a memory error or two at boot. One of the errors seems to frequently appear. That one is RAM 12 4010 4000. Sometimes it will be a different RAM error number.

Someone gave me a disk image with a Panasonic diagnostic program. When I run the memory test, the computer will halt with this error:
Fatal: Internal Stack Failure, System Halted

I looked up in the manual I got with the machine and it says that if you get any other message than "pass" to call your Panasonic dealer. They have no other troubleshooting in the manual, which is really dumb. Does anyone know of a service manual or something where I can figure out which bad RAM chip(s) are causing this? This computer is way to annoying to take apart to try finding the module by simply swapping chips around. Also the error doesn't always appear upon boot which would make that method ineffective.

Someone, please tell me you can help me find the bad chip.

It will sporadically boot with a memory error or two at boot. One of the errors seems to frequently appear. That one is RAM 12 4010 4000. Sometimes it will be a different RAM error number.

Someone gave me a disk image with a Panasonic diagnostic program. When I run the memory test, the computer will halt with this error:
Fatal: Internal Stack Failure, System Halted
The stack is stored in RAM, so it figures to me to be related to the RAM issue.

Someone, please tell me you can help me find the bad chip.
RAM errors are not always caused by faulty RAM chips. This computer could have been sitting in someone's backyard shed for the past X years. Given the sporadic nature of the RAM errors, what I would be doing at first is reseating all of the RAM chips in case of poor connection with their sockets.

I should have mentioned that I took the ram card out and reseated the chips. I just loosened them in the sockets and pushed them back in. Maybe I'll try again and totally remove them from the sockets and reseat.

Back