• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apps for Psion MC400

paul.brett

Experienced Member
A quick question on my new Psion MC400.....

The unit came with a 256Kb Flash SSD in one of the slots, and this seems to hold the apps. If I boot the machine without this SSD in, the apps don't work anyway.

Is this normal? I thought the apps were built into the ROM of the machine. I have copied the content of this SSD, just to forestall the possibility that I may 'lose' content at some point.

Any other Psion MC?00 owners out there? I would be interested in app swapping.

Thank-you.

The unit came with a 256Kb Flash SSD in one of the slots, and this seems to hold the apps. If I boot the machine without this SSD in, the apps don't work anyway.

Is this normal? I thought the apps were built into the ROM of the machine. I have copied the content of this SSD, just to forestall the possibility that I may 'lose' content at some point.

Any other Psion MC?00 owners out there? I would be interested in app swapping.

Thank-you.

As I have never heard of this unit, I did a little reading on the WEB. Very interesting computer.

From what I read, I think the SSD operate similar to hard drive storage. And from the following site, it says the apps did come on the SSD:

http://retrocosm.net/2012/03/29/psion-mc-400-mobile-computer/

Take a look at the following page and be sure to look at the Brochure, which gives a lot of detail on items available for this unit:

http://www.bioeddie.co.uk/models/psion400mc_word.htm

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Thank-you.

Yes, this is normal and as natcha says, the SSD's are, in essence the equivalent of disk drives.

Steve

Back