• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: Osborne COMM-PAC pics / details

ef1j95

Experienced Member
I'm looking for documentation on the COMM-PAC modem -- pictures of the modem and physical dimensions, as well as any technical information (a pic of the board itself would be great.) I have reviewed the documentation from bitsavers, but as far as I can tell, no drawings or schematics are available.

dank U,
eric

Actually a terrible modem. Basically a Bell 103 modem with RJ-11 jack and a neat case. Besides that no advantages over the 20 years older bell 103. It's not even a great design since you could plug it into an empty slot and still needed to connect it via the modem socket - why they didn't include any connectors in the back of the modem bay is beyond my understanding. I doubt you can find schematics or pics of the board, but i doubt it is very different from the original bell 103 modem - besides the RJ11 jack i can't imagine any big differences. Just get - or solder yourself - any generic 300 baud modem and you get basically the same.

Thanks for the pics... exactly what I was looking for. I've never seen one in the wild. I'm curious what the power demands of the modem are and whether I can use the modem port to power a project. I think the max current draw (?) was limited to something like 500mA based on tech specs I saw earlier.

eric

Back