• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Epson PF-10 - Alternative Batteries

Charles21

The manual for my Epson PF-10 states that the PF-10 can be operated with the Epson supplied NiCad battery pack or with four LR14,SUM-2 alkaline batteries (basically four size C alkaline batteries).

Is there any reason why four Size C NiCad batteries could not be used and recharged using the Epson AC adapter that came with the PF-10?

Thanks

There's two sets of contacts in the battery compartment, and the NiCD pack has contacts not lining up the same as where the C batteries do.
I did see someone hard-wired in a pack with a connector to separate, but he wired through to the board where the NiCD pack contacts lead to.

There's two sets of contacts in the battery compartment, and the NiCD pack has contacts not lining up the same as where the C batteries do.
I did see someone hard-wired in a pack with a connector to separate, but he wired through to the board where the NiCD pack contacts lead to.

Thanks for you reply. Actually I did not have any problems in fitting 4 alkaline size C batteries in the PF-10 battery compartment and the unit is working. I intend, however, to switch from size C alkaline batteries to size C NICD rechargeable batteries. I wonder if I could use the same adapter that came with PF-10 or not.

Thanks

Back