• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WTS: pc110

ired

I have an IBM pc110 which have been gathering dust for some time.
I just never seem to find the time to play with it :)

It's not 100% condition (mic cap and original adapter missing.

20m ram, 33.6k modem version

some photos: https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B34sCgE98czmT2ZZcGJkcGRtZlE/edit

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in it and what it might be worth.
I'm hoping for somewhere in the $500+shipping range.

Why not post your request in the For Sale/Wanted?

My personal thoughts are the price is "way over the top" but the only comparison I have the Toshiba Libretto which goes for $100 to $200. The IBM is undoubtably much rarer, but unless there is an Avid IBM collector, or preferably two so they fight, you are not going to see that sort of reward.

pff, sorry I just didn't see there is a separate marketplace subforum for trading..
if someone with mod rights sees this and moves this thread over there (in the next couple hours) that would be nice :)

else I'll post a new one there and this can be deleted..

... post in marketplace created, please delete this thread

Last edited:
Why not post your request in the For Sale/Wanted?

My personal thoughts are the price is "way over the top" but the only comparison I have the Toshiba Libretto which goes for $100 to $200. The IBM is undoubtably much rarer, but unless there is an Avid IBM collector, or preferably two so they fight, you are not going to see that sort of reward.

I agree, I really don't see $500 happening unless you get a bidding war between the 2 people who've actually heard of and want it.

That's a quite high price. These are sure rare outside Japan, but a hardcore collector might wanna be disappointed about the missing microphone cap and adaptor. Also that the Box, manual, installation media and paperwork are missing could be a thing that scares off a true collector.

The 33.6 modem is useless, but pretty cool - I don't think you see that mod very often. I always wished there was an upgrade to replace the modem with an ethernet card, that would have been cool.

I paid $250 for mine five years ago and it was in a beat up box and aside form a missing floppy drive and dock it was all there. Mind you me and the seller knew eachother so there was probably a discount, however I have heard the $500 pricetag before for other units in recent years but I think they were also a little more complete.

I think i have like 6 or 7 of these, if i recall right then 3 in the "small package" box (Without the PCMCIA HDD) and 1 in a big box. Plus 2 or 3 spare ones for parts. I guess i can never leave these behind when i see one in Akihabara (Tokyo electric city)...

Maybe i can fight my laziness and sell one or two on ebay for these prices.

My favorite one is tuned to 40 MHz, with 20MB RAM and a sexy red case. I think that was also my most expensive one for around 25,000 Yen (Somewhere around 200 USD).

I think i have like 6 or 7 of these, if i recall right then 3 in the "small package" box (Without the PCMCIA HDD) and 1 in a big box. Plus 2 or 3 spare ones for parts. I guess i can never leave these behind when i see one in Akihabara (Tokyo electric city)...

Maybe i can fight my laziness and sell one or two on ebay for these prices.

My favorite one is tuned to 40 MHz, with 20MB RAM and a sexy red case. I think that was also my most expensive one for around 25,000 Yen (Somewhere around 200 USD).

Any chance you have a ram uograde you would be willing to sell or trade? i have an 8mb pc110 and would love to upgrade it

Any chance you have a ram uograde you would be willing to sell or trade? i have an 8mb pc110 and would love to upgrade it

Hmmm, i remember i have some RAM modules around, however, to test them i would need to disassemble a PC-110 and try them out in that machine. Hmmm maybe i can tidy up a bit on the weekend if i don't forget.

I can tell you first hand that 8mb and Windows 95 on the PC110 isn't too bad. It's obviously slow due to the CPU but it's still capable of streaming and playing music from a network server (over wireless at that!)

Hmmm, i remember i have some RAM modules around, however, to test them i would need to disassemble a PC-110 and try them out in that machine. Hmmm maybe i can tidy up a bit on the weekend if i don't forget.

Thanks kyodai! That would be really great!

Thanks kyodai! That would be really great!

Aight, it took some time to find an evening with some spare time, but as usual - i want the whole cake, not just a piece. So I took the time to make one working PC-110 from 2 junk PC110 i kept for parts.

And bad luck for you because i have 3 spare RAM modules and ALL of them are 4MB each, no kidding.

You could still upgrade your 4MB module like this if you have mad soldering skills:

http://www.sekimoto.org/pc110/mem1_e.html

Back