• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Samsung S3600 Portable - info?

OS9dude

Experienced Member
Hello, first post in this forum.

I inherited a portable Samsung S3600 computer, came without the power brick, no documents nor disks. Searching the web for information has proved unsuccessful thus far, managing to find only one Pinterest post and an old Ebay auction, nothing more. Right now I am trying to get a proper adapter plug so I can rig my own power brick, the coaxial jack on the computer has its center pin of bigger thickness than the regular fare found in most electronics shops.

Opening a request for any info/insight on the Samsung S3600. I believe it to be a 286 class machine, looks like it has a hard drive and a slot for expansion (modem/lan?). Any information, wisdom or words of sympathy are welcome! :)

Samsung S3600.jpg

80C286 with 8/12 MHz, RAM base 1MB, 4MB max, 20 or 40MB Winchester HDD, 1.44 MB 3.5" floppy disk drive, backlit 10" VGA display (Monochrome, 640x480, 16 shades of grey), full size 80-key keyboard, weighting 16lbs with and 14lbs without battery, released in late 1990. VGA-out, Keyboard, serial and parallel connectors on the back as well as an expansion slot for a modem. Contrast/Brightness dials for the screen. Suggested retail price was 3000 USD for the 20MB Version and 4000 USD for the 40MB version in late 1990.

Back