• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Panasonic Sr. Partner luggable, do you have one? Also looking for some accesories.

redrumloa

If you are unsure what a Panasonic Sr. Partner is, look at this PDF.

Is there any sort of user group or community for this? Unlikely, I am guessing the forum i am on right now may be the best place. I'm curious to see if there are any active owners here?

The 2 main accessories I'd like to get my hands on are the carrying case, and the Slot Extender. Original manuals and original floppies would be nice too. i only have the original DOS disk.

If there are any links to other groups, or suggestions where I may find these items for sale, I am all ears.

I have a couple of these that I have been wanting to restore to purchase configuration. I haven't been able to find a complete list of software (with versions!) that came with the computer. I sold these luggables so many moons ago and really loved them.

Kurt

I have a Sr Partner, Exec Partner, and a few other old Panasonic luggables/portables. The built-in printers set them apart from a number of competitors.

Never had any interest till I started working for Panasonic in 2011- left in 2016.

I have an Exec Partner, as far as I know it's the same machine just a different form factor. I absolutely love it, it's my favorite portable/laptop

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the delay. Mine arrived as described on eBay. Kinda dirty, but should clean up fairly well. This has optional RAM and the optional HD/Controller. The HD does not work. I've not dug into the exact reasons yet but will in the coming days.

For sh*ts and giggles, i decided to temporarily move over my Lo-tech XT-IDE out of my Tandy 1000HX to the Sr partner. It hangs at "Booting C>>C":. Anyone get the XT-IDE working on these computers?

I have a Nixdorf PC-02, which is basically a rebadged Senior Partner:
nixdorf_closed.jpg

nixdorf_front.jpg

nixdorf_back.jpg

nixdorf_printer.jpg

nixdorf_plate.jpg

nixdorf_error.jpg

Unfortunately, it throws the above error, so I'm guessing the internal hard drive is hosed. Still seems pretty neat, though.
-Adam

Attachments

• nixdorf_back.jpg
    nixdorf_back.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1
Unfortunately, it throws the above error, so I'm guessing the internal hard drive is hosed. Still seems pretty neat, though.

Actually, that error might mean it could read the disk but had trouble doing so. That's better than a "1701"-style error where the disk doesn't even start up. You might be able to low-level-format the hard drive.

The manual (in German) is here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/...L-H7000W/8810_25_Systemhandbuch_15Nov1985.pdf
I like it because it has more low-level details than the Sr. Partner manual.

I know I am replying to an old thread but wanted to say thank you to the OP for posting the PDF. I was sorting through some stuff last evening and found a Panasonic RD-9561 Sr. Partner video adapter. I was guessing by looking at it that it was CGA to composite, funny thing the box did not say what it did. It is complete in the box but there is no documentation. I did then find that the Panasonic Sr. Partner was a DOS portable with a CGA display and the PDF posted by the OP shows that indeed the RD-9561 is a CGA to composite adapter. I have not had a chance to try it out yet.

Panasonic RD-9561.png

Recently acquired one of these... not sure what the deal with the thermal printer is. How do I go about testing/using it? Doesn't all old software with print options require you to configure what printer you're printing to?

Any advice would be appreciated!

ALT-PRTSC switches between internal and external printers.

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/Panasonic/Sr Partner - RL-H7000W/ has files and docs that can help. Some of my notes:

Internal printer appears compatible with the Epson MX 80.

The German Nixdorf manual says:
Spezielle Tasten für den Drucker
SHIFT + PrtSc Druckt den Bildschirminhalt aus.
CTRL + PrtSc Druckt das.was eingegeben wird
ALT + Esc Setzt den Drucker zurück.
Alt + PrtSc Schaltet um auf einen externen Drucker.

Translated, that means:
Special buttons for the printer:
SHIFT + PrtSc Prints the screen space
CTRL + PrtSc Prints what is entered
ALT + Esc Resets the printer
Alt + PrtSc Switches to an external printer

There is a small single dip switch inside of where the paper goes. If set to ON, it causes the printer to print a blank line after every printed line. You want that turned off.

Back