• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

osborne 1 ROM image and memory map?

Mike Chambers

Veteran Member
i've been trying to find a ROM image and memory map (including where the ROM code resides) for the osborne 1!! any help would be awesome, thank you!

send me an email and I'll send you an intel hex dump of the rom, I have a memory map in the PDF copy of the tech manual, but it is 17 meg, would that be ok to mail? I could probably snapshot a page or two, or send it as a multi-part message

The rom is from a non-working machine, but it looks ok. and I think it has problems elsewhere.

I can't remember the URL of the tech manual online for you to download.

time to get the web page up!

Memory map

Memory map

Memory maps attached

Attachments

• O1 - memory map - 1.zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 11
  • O1 - memory map - 2.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 6
awesome, thanks guys! i knew this place wouldn't let me down.

i asked becuase i've kind of put my 8086 emulator project on hold, and started work on an 8080/Z80 emulator core, which is not nearly as complex, and would like to get it to emulate the O1. :p

the instruction set of the 8080 is pretty straightforward. once i get it complete enough to run CP/M off of an osborne boot disk image i will post my program here.

...digging up bones in the back yard....

Yo MIKEY! Whazzup with the CP/M emu?

Oh - btw - doesn't the ozzie have a Z80? :shock:

T

...digging up bones in the back yard....

Yo MIKEY! Whazzup with the CP/M emu?

Oh - btw - doesn't the ozzie have a Z80? :shock:

T

It is a Z-80 but I guess it has a few cute Ozzy-specific things like the boot up screen and the fact you have to tab horizontally to see the whole screen. I say go for it! It would be great to see that beast emulated.

I'd love my Osborne, especially now it's working. Those docs in the link mentioned previously helped with the repair. Thank God for sites like those!

The Ozzy is an ugly beast, that looks positively Jussaric. With only 56 (tiny) characters on the screen at a time, it must have been a pain to actually use. The idea was revolutionary however, and was much copied and improved on until laptops came along.

A true classic and I regard it as one of the jewels in my small collection.

Yeah - I know your feeling...

I have one specific Ozzy I acquired in about 1991 - with a HUGE stack of Foghorns, docs, disks, even the internal modem, Nuevo upgrade/DD.

Still got that puppy, and it ain't going anywhere.

anyone need an Ozzy or 2...or 3....or 4...or, well, you get the idea...
Let me know. I have O1's and O1a's

T

Back