• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compaq SLT/286 4MiB Memory

schenkzoola

Hello,

I'm looking for some high resolution pictures of the 4MiB memory modules for the SLT/286 for a reverse engineering project.

I've already got a 1MiB module RE'd, but there are three pins on the edge connector that are not connected. I'd like to see which ones are connected on the larger module, as well as learn what chips were used, etc...

If you have one you can take good pictures of, or better yet loan/sell me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Just so you know I'm serious, here's what I did with the 1MiB module:

Attachments

• SLT286 1MiB RAM.jpg
    SLT286 1MiB RAM.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 47
That's incredible! I just bought a slt/286 (should be in the mail soon) and would love to get it fully decked out! Unfortunately it didn't come with the battery or power adapter so the pinouts you provided will prove very helpful. Did you end up trying to make a new power supply or replacement battery? And how'd the ram modules turn out? I'd love to make some since they're virtually impossible to find!

An update:

I didn't get any replies, so I forged ahead! Here's what I came up with. It's at the fab now!
View attachment 1039792

Nice and clean design!

Will these be on your github as gerber files or do you plan on selling them fully assembled?
From what I gather the SLT 286 and 386 share the same type of RAM.
I recently gotten a SLT 386s/20 and decided to register on this forum after stumbling upon a thread whilst I was searching if anyone had already made an attempt at reverse engineering the RAM modules.
Thank you so much for the hard work you've put in!

From what I gather the SLT 286 and 386 share the same type of RAM.
They actually do not! They look similar, but the slot connector on the 386 modules is more towards the center instead of off to the side like the 286 modules.

It would be awesome if someone started selling complete repro 4MB modules for the 286 and/or 386s/20. I'd definitely buy some!

Back