• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Senior Partner

hrobinson57

I recently was given a Panasonic Senior Partner portable computer. Anyone with any knowledge, advice, parts, links, etc. I would be glad to hear from. I've attached some pictures. Thank you

Hal

Attachments

• Senior Partner.jpg
    Senior Partner.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Senior Partner2.jpg
    Senior Partner2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
We've still got one hanging around, but we just use it to support a couple of customers running old software. It sits in the closet most of the time...

Heavy little beast, but performed nicely back in the day...

Senior Partner

Glad to hear there is still at least one other one that still works out there. This is just a toy for me. Brings me back to the old days, plus it is the same age as my youngest kid. (works a lot better than him as well).

Let me know if you ever clean out that closet. I would be glad to give it a good home. Naturally I'd pay you a fair price plus shipping. Probably heavier than it's equivalent in lead bars. Thanks for the reply.

Hal

I'll keep that in mind...

We only keep it around because we need it on occasion to renumber a program written many years ago in Canon Basic. When we make modifications for a given customer, they can be done on later machines, but the Canon Basic interpreter bungles the file when you try to do a line renumber on anything more recent than an 8086/8088. Seems silly that we have it for not only one program, but just one function in that program...but, there we stand.

I know, I know, we should just re-write the program, It's on the list and scheduled to get some real attention sometime between July and August...of 2011.

Back