• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help me to idetify an apple cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niezgodka

Experienced Member
I have cable like that in my collection, and I have no idea what it is for?
It has apple display on one end and some strange display connector on the other.

cable.jpg

its a video out cable adapter for mac laptops. there is a standard mac db 15 video connector on the other side right?

So I have that adapter. Sorry I was a bit vague on WHAT exactly it goes to. I had to dig it out and look. I have a Powerbook 1400 it fits into. On the back IO panel next to the square SCSI port. This put me down a rabbit hole as it turns out the port to the left of the SCSI port is actually modular and can be used for various addons including video, Ethernet, cache, and Even CPU.
Here is the modular video card that uses the cable you and I have. http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/...le-dapc5ib16c3

I know many are not fans of Apple or MAC. I love Apple II's (I love all vintage computing) and since I didnt use them when they were new, macintosh is different world to explore. Its architecture which is weird and different is appealing just for that. Cult of Apple or Mac? Nah, im not a follower. I would never buy a new apple product....

Regardless of that I wish there was more old mac suppport on this forum... Frankly I am tired of the Commodore trendiness. It is just a computer after all. Thats my 2 Cents

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not limited to the 1400. Pretty much all except the first three (100, 140/170) could use it. I think they dropped it with the Powerbook G3.

It's not limited to the 1400. Pretty much all except the first three (100, 140/170) could use it. I think they dropped it with the Powerbook G3.

The Mainstreet G3 has a standard HD15 VGA connector. I know the 180 has it and I've seen the 1400 with it as well but the Kanga also had HD15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back