• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IICX Troubleshooting Help

Angelworks

I have a IICX that does have some battery damage. I removed all the corroded parts around that area and replaced them - including the multiplexers next to the battery. I've also inspected all the traces around that area and really only found one that was totally dead and ran a bodge wire to to replace it, and of course I've replaced all the caps - even the through hole ones.

When I switch the machine on I get a chime and a mouse pointer on the screen, but I can't move the mouse or anything. If I press the nmi button I get a 0000000F/00000013 error (which I've attached). Not quite sure where to go from here. I'm testing it with 4 1 meg sticks in bank a - closest to the battery. The one clue I have is if I take a set of known good sticks (4 4 meg sticks) out of a IISI fixed ages ago - I get absolutely nothing at all - no chime, no error from nmi etc. The video card I'm using is the Apple Mac II nubus card that came with the machine.

Are there a set of minimalist diagroms I can use to troubleshoot post issues? I'm guessing not.

I took this picture with a capture board:

debug.png

Picture of my work - I replaced all those 74 logic chips pictured - the corrosion seemed to stop just before the resistor packs.

PXL_20210318_045300275_small.jpg

so you get the dual chord 'good' chime and the screen with the mouse pointer, but then nothing no disk ? icon and no sad or happy mac unless you press the NMI key ?

Correct - its kinda odd.

One thing I want to fix is the adapter I made for the ATX power supply I'm using - the connectors are a bit loose and maybe there's some power draw issue. I noticed when I had a cheap logic analyzer connected to one of the multiplexors is a bit of rc tail (a slight slope on the beginning of the square wave).

Do you know what kind of molex crimp pins I need to buy for a IICI/IICX?

Back