• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Motherboard type which was original for this case.

Robin4

Veteran Member
I got myself a computer case which my dad had back in the days from a company called Vobis.
The case is a branded Highscreen one from the Kompakt series.

I really like to know what brand and type was the OEM for the case.

s-l1600.jpg

I know highscreen uses a lot from FIC and chicony. But i dont know which board was original for this case.

How are the slots mounted? Baby-AT motherboard would have the card slots mounted horizontally while LPX motherboard would have a riser card that mounts the card slots vertically. Hard to tell from a distance exactly which case it is. I expect that lots of different motherboards were used with that one case model.

A similar highscreen case is at https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=45535 Maybe it will provide a pointer though given the cheap nature of the motherboard I doubt it is wise to put much effort in getting an exact match.

It would have been an AMD part. Intel's 40 MHz 386 was an embedded only chip that wouldn't fit a normal 386 socket.
He said 486, not 386.

You can probably find the exact specs by looking at their old catalogs. They were called "Vobis Denkzettel" and most are scanned and can be found online.

Back