• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Goose has got my Gander!

FUNCLE

Experienced Member
I'm trying to find info on a Zeos 486 motherboard.. codenamed "Goose" The Zeos board # is 100-0030-00, has Phoenix Bios A486 1.01. Specifically, it's the CPU clock jumpers I need to know about. The 33mhz 486 is running like molasses... coming in at around 10mhz!! I've tried different combinations with the jumpers, but to no avail. The jumpers are next to the CPU and look like this:
CLK1 has pins 3,4 5,6 closed, SX1 has pins vertically 1,2 1,2 closed and SX1 has just 2 pins closed.

CLK1 . . SX1 I I UP1 I
.=. . .
.=.

Thanks

I'm trying to find info on a Zeos 486 motherboard.. codenamed "Goose" The Zeos board # is 100-0030-00, has Phoenix Bios A486 1.01. Specifically, it's the CPU clock jumpers I need to know about. The 33mhz 486 is running like molasses... coming in at around 10mhz!! I've tried different combinations with the jumpers, but to no avail. The jumpers are next to the CPU and look like this:
CLK1 has pins 3,4 5,6 closed, SX1 has pins vertically 1,2 1,2 closed and SX1 has just 2 pins closed.

CLK1 . . SX1 I I UP1 I
.=. . .
.=.

Thanks

Hers's a starting place . . . http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/Z/ZEOS-INTERNATIONAL-LTD-486-PANTERA-486.html

I'm a silly Goose, jumpers were ok all along... the Bios had settings for CPU set at "slow" also, advanced settings had CPU at "25mhz" !! Still would like to have some kind of manual for this board, maybe install (dare I say) a 66mhz CPU!! Everything is working ok now, except the long delay on ez-bios overlay!

I'm a silly Goose, jumpers were ok all along... the Bios had settings for CPU set at "slow" also, advanced settings had CPU at "25mhz" !! Still would like to have some kind of manual for this board, maybe install (dare I say) a 66mhz CPU!! Everything is working ok now, except the long delay on ez-bios overlay!
I am glad to hear you figured it out, I LOVE those old Zeos systems/boards they made some real good stuff. They were also REALLY popular here in my neck of the woods since they were based in Minneapolis. I also know we have some former employees active on this forum, so there's a lot of knowledgeable people here with an interest in Zeos machines.

Personally I am always keeping my eyes open for a Zeos Meridian 400 sub-notebook, that would pretty much complete my laptop collection, lol.

Don't worry, I did the same thing with a dual pentium pro! Took me most of the day to figure that one out! As for a manual... you have a better chance winning the lotto. That being said, does yours have the cache module? If not, and you want to keep that board, getting a cache module would be my first priority.

Yes, has the 128k cache module installed... I'll keep an eye out for the Asus and Meridian for you!

Back