• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Newbie trying to identify an old socket 3 motherboard

Mat_tec_KG

Hi I am trying really hard to identify an old dead motherboard that I want to replace.

I could find the Socket and the timeframe of 1995 to 1997 with the help of the lettering on some of the chips, but I could not make out a manufacturer or the serial number of the board.
Now I am wondering if there is a database for motherboards of that era that would help me to identify my board or another neat trick.

Thanks in advance and have a good one.

It would also help if we had pictures of the motherboard in question. Someone might know what it is without having to resort to a database of old motherboards.

I second GiGaBiTe - I've had so many 486's since 2001, I might even know the exact model off the top of my head.

There weren't many socket 3 boards made between 1995 and 1997. If I had to make a shot in the dark, I'd guess PC-Chips M919.

But a picture would certainly help. ;)

There weren't many socket 3 boards made between 1995 and 1997. If I had to make a shot in the dark, I'd guess PC-Chips M919.

But a picture would certainly help. ;)

Woe to him if it is. I have two of them. One with the proprietary cache memory stick, the other without. They have to be the worst motherboards that I have ever experienced using.

I had one of the M919 boards years ago as well, got rid of it because it was so crap. IIRC, I had to install a special BIOS to make the board stable, it would randomly lock up with the bugged BIOS it had.

Got a much nicer Zeos Socket 3 board from another member here on the forum.

I have the last revision of that board (3.4) and it works perfectly fine for me. Very fast and stable. I think the single mistake you can do with that board is to use the VLB slot...

Back