• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Great news update:- Building a Vacuum Tube Computer by Anders Magnusson is active

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Great news update:- the Building a Vacuum Tube Computer by Anders Magnusson is still ongoing despite the last post to his website is 23rd April 2018.

https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~ragge/vtc/

I just got an email from him saying
"Hi David! And a happy new year!

Wow, someone looking at my web pages! :) Thanks!

Nothing wrong with me, but it seems that there is something wrong with the web pages - I have written more than that :)

I'm away for the holidays right now, but will fix it when I come back.

I haven't had much time to work on this project last 9 months, but hope that I can get more time now in the new year.

Closest up is to finish the 150V/5A PSU, using thyratrons :) "

I, like quite a few of my vcfed.org friends, will be keen to see this project get to be operational.
I hope there are those here amongst my Linkedin Network that would share the same interest, as I just put same post as this on there.

I recall my days at RMIT Technical College learning about Thyratrons, and I likely still have some in my valve collection.

Do send Anders at his Ragge email (less the ( ) around the @ symbol) some encouragement.

this is one piece of from a Vacuum Tube Computer I own, shame I could not get the whole lot.

oNePuij.jpg

Hi
anyone to help me here?
I'd like to get any info on this item, which is very similar to the one in inotarobot's post.
Function, source (computer, country/...)
Thanks very much!
Bimg1.jpg

Back