• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AS/400 System

hi,

that's a rack mount 400 (duh) but what I am not spotting is the little white label which has model and serial number. Ask the seller if they can spot it.

Side note that may not have any drives in it. In which case it is a useless brick I would not recommend picking it up unless you have a set of drives or tapes spare with both the microcode and a copy of OS/400. It may have a drive but after shipping its integrity will become questionable but It might just be the processor.

Is that the label in picture #10? Seems to have an SN. If that’s not it where should it be located on the system?

That will not the the machine number only that small part of the machine at least on all my machines there is the rectangular sticker.

That might be but I highly doubt it usually the model number is a 4 digit number and the serial number is a little longer. I am not at all familiar with the rackmount systems. More the "deskside" units (mind you for a bloody big desk) the sticker on them is slapped right on the front and all over the chassis. You can hardly go 10 inches when working on the machine and not see one.

Also these things weigh a ton I hope you plan to locally pick it up even if you will.

Ok upon asking a few people. DO NOT BUY THIS.

You are buying a brick. All this contains is some basic Tape I/O and a power supply. That's it. So unless you have the I/O cage lying around. (about twice the size hard to miss) I suggest you skip this one.

Okay, I had a feeling that would be the case but just wanted to check with someone who would know more about these than I do. I will skip it.

Thanks!!

Back