• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM switch wanted.

Alsilisk

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I recently picked up an IBM 2671 paper tape reader and I am slowly restoring it. One thing that is not right with it is one of the switches on the front panel it is broken and very rusted (to the point where the actual switching function of it does not work) . If anyone has a spare lying around please PM me.

They look like this. (sorry for terrible quality)

switch.jpg

Al

I realise it's not going to be any help but I bought some of those (IBM 738826 SPDT 1A Toggle Switches) from eBay user 'petertherock45' with store 'ARK-Elex' based in Rochester Minnesota back in 2015. However both that seller and store have disappeared entirely from eBay, and nothing turns up on a general search.
They were used into the 1970s in other IBM equipment, I once had a 3741 data station keyboard with them.

Hi,

I have since been contacted by someone with exact replacements. However, it is good to know that replacements are out there. I will probably be purchasing one of those in the near future. Thanks for letting me know.

Al

From one of those sellers I'm now getting an eBay targeted offer of a discount on this switch. All very good, but the postage of $46.74 USD for _one_ switch makes me think I'm really, really going to have to want it badly. Thankfully I already have what I need.

Back