• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Data General Nova System

JBandit19

This may be a longshot, but i was recently going through some of my grandfather's workshop and came across a cabinet marked "Data General Nova System". I have looked around at various places online but haven't found many details about the system and what it was used for. I am hoping someone on here can maybe give me a little bit more information, when it might have been manufactured and what it was used for. It would also be awesome if someone could tell me if there is a market for these types of systems.

I have attached some pictures below.

Thank you for any and all help you guys might be able to provide. It is much appreciated.

-David

Attachments

• photo62306.jpg
    photo62306.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo62308.jpg
    photo62308.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 4
  • photo62309.jpg
    photo62309.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 4
There's certainly some Nova expertise here. I'm not it, to be sure. At an uninformed glance, that looks incomplete, in that I don't think that is a complete system. Specifically, I don't think it has a processor. It looks more like a peripheral cabinet of some kind. It was likely made in the mid 70s. It certainly large enough to have a processor, but the Novas, as I understand it, were classic "switches and blinkenlights" style machines, and I see neither of those here. Just a disk drive and whatever that other thing is, perhaps a modem.

Someone else will no doubt chime in with something more authoritative.

Makes me wonder why people even ask if they put it for big money on ebay without even waiting for answers about what they actually have there.

Back