• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Coleco Adam Repair - Any Advice/Tips

Dubis7

Experienced Member
I seem to be fighting a losing battle with my Coleco Adam. What started out as a trip to replace a broken monitor port that had been passing a grainy image before snapping apart entirely has now lead to my computer barely passing a monochrome image over RF, still no improvement on my monitor out, a known good data drive that loaded smartbasic once before resetting the computer to typewriter mode whenever I try to load that same cassette and not powering on at all when I install the tape drives in the case.

Does anyone have any experience working with one of these? I'm not completely inexperienced, I've got a decent soldering setup with a desoldering gun and a parts board to pull things from, but I'm a novice when it comes to computer repair. I'd like to get this thing working as it should but I'm not sure where to start.

Have you try to get the video from the din plug on the back ?.
Also for the tape drive, forgot about it purchase an ide adapter from the coleco adam store they are not so expensive and you get all software released on a cf flash card.

Back