• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Any information on es65 microcomputer?

Oscar

Experienced Member
Hi,

Last year, I got an interesting 6502 multiuser (no, really) system. It's an es65, made by Ing. Ernst Steiner in Austria. Very solid, beautifully made machine from about 1980. The only problem is that I have absolutely no information on it other than the above two lines.

With a machine of that age, I hesitate to just switch it on to see what happens - rather have some knowledge before...

Here's a link to a picture of the machine (in the middle of that page).

If anyone has information on this machine, I'd be very interested!

Regards,

Oscar.

Hi,

Good point... I just set up a page for whatever I've got on the system here (link). These are pictures from when I did a quick, er, check-in. It could do with some more detailed ones but the system is not with me at the moment.

Any tips are welcome :)

Cheers,

Oscar.

Last edited:
pretty neat! I'd never heard of this one until you pointed it out... I was sure I had the only functioning multi-user 6502 system in the world. ;)

Hi,

pretty neat! I'd never heard of this one until you pointed it out... I was sure I had the only functioning multi-user 6502 system in the world. ;)

You still have... mine's not powered up, so it's not functioning :)

But pray tell me, what's your 6502 multi-user system? Up till recently, I wouldn't have thought such a system existed!

Cheers,

Oscar.

I've got also a es65 System without any Information. It IS working although i need a password to login and i don't have it. I also contacted the company that bought Ernst Steiner GmbH. but nobody knows anything about it anymore which is unsurprising. I started with reverse engineering the hard- and software but without much success. I do have the schematics finished (Ram, ROM, MUC, Floppy, Serial and Printer Interface and the Backplane but the firmware is very complex (indirect jumps, self modifying code and about 20k lines of 6502 assembly. Any Information is welcome.

I've got also a es65 System without any Information. It IS working ... Any Information is welcome.
That's fantastic! Can you share your findings so far? This is surely a very interesting and novel machine.

Back