• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wyse 3216-40

wyse2424

So I've had this Wyse model 3216-40 for a few years now. After plugging it in and starting it up it ran for about 30 seconds before shutting off and I haven't been able to get it going again. I'm guessing the power supply is the issue. I would love to start this up and use it, I just need someone to repair the old power supply or are there any others models that could work in its place. I did bring it to a local pc shop but they said they don't work on things this old.

Attachments

• photo61123.jpg
    photo61123.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo61124.jpg
    photo61124.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 1
So I've had this Wyse model 3216-40 for a few years now. After plugging it in and starting it up it ran for about 30 seconds before shutting off and I haven't been able to get it going again. I'm guessing the power supply is the issue. I would love to start this up and use it, I just need someone to repair the old power supply or are there any others models that could work in its place. I did bring it to a local pc shop but they said they don't work on things this old.

You can start by letting us know where you are located.

It looks like a standard AT PSU so if you can't get it fixed you could always replace it.

A component on the motherboard, or expansion card, or drive, may have gone short circuit. The short circuited component overloads the power supply, stopping the good power supply from functioning.

When testing the power supply, note that many switch mode type power supplies only work if they have a load (e.g. motherboard, card, drive) connected to them. And it cannot be just any load, each model having their own minimum loading requirements.

I did find a company called SMH out of Wareham Massachusetts. There diagnostic is $75, but that is taken out of the cost to repair it.

Back