• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Unknown 16-Bit Memory and Multi I/O Card ... need some help identifying it

Peter z80.eu

Experienced Member
I need some advice/help... does anybody know the manufacturer/vendor of this 16-Bit Memory and Multi I/O Card ?
It looks similar (but far from being identical) to an AST Memory Card, but I fear it's a 1985 Taiwan less known production.
There is no FCC ID (even not on the back side). Inserted are a lot of 41256 DRAMs, I guess the card will (if correctly configured) offer 2MByte RAM.
Any suggestions about it? Thank you in advance for any hint...

Attachments

• photo63693.jpg
    photo63693.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
I don't see the chips I would expect for an EMS card so it might just be an extended memory card with serial and parallel port. Empty sockets for second serial and game port.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=62298 gives an explanation of how to determine what address the card is currently set at and then it would be a case of adjusting the switches to set the card to a useful address. One needs an AT or clone and a lot of patience.

the small sockets might have been for line driver/receiver chips to go with the second UART. kind of oddly placed if that were the case though. picture wasn't quite clear enough for me to tell if they were there already.

Added later: There is a "Twinhead" logo printed onto the PCB also, but Google still refuses me to help... Twinhead seems to had offered mostly only Multi I/O cards and VGA cards, but not memory cards....

Have you tried it with Intel Above Board drivers? I hear some Taiwanese ODMs made clones of Intel Above Board that worked with original drivers.

Back