• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Changing modes on EGA Wonder

ibmapc

Veteran Member
I installed my new ATI EGA Wonder in my 5155 today. I like this card a lot, but it came with no manual or software. I used info from Stason.org to set the Dips and Jumpers. Is there a software utility to change video modes in DOS? Or are the Dips the only method available to change modes? Does anyone have a copy of the manual for this card?

Yeah, does anyone have a pdf manual or software for this card? I have a few of them as well, and I wouldn't mind having some documentation so I don't accidentally fry anything. One time I tried the hi-res mode on a 5154, and the results weren't so pleasant.

Once I found a mirror of ATI's old driver site, so I actually got a copy of the drivers (for both the 800 [EGA 800 driver version 1.03] and 800+ [EGA 800+ driver version 1.00], I even got the drivers for the Small wonder [Without version number], the VGA EDGE [VGA driver version 1.02], and the VGA wonder [VGA driver version 4.2]). However, it's too big to be uploaded here.

Send me an PM with your email address if you are interested in any of the drivers.

Last edited:
Here are the essential utilities and the switch settings; if no one else comes up with it I'll try to find time to scan the rest of the manual some day.

The rest of the files on the two disks are mostly specific drivers for some popular S/W of the day; per can send you those.

Sorry about the poor quality; hard to get a decent scan under the size limit.

Attachments

• EGAWwin.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
  • EGAWutils.zip
    64.1 KB · Views: 3
  • A1b.jpg
    A1b.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3
Here are the essential utilities and the switch settings; if no one else comes up with it I'll try to find time to scan the rest of the manual some day.

The rest of the files on the two disks are mostly specific drivers for some popular S/W of the day; per can send you those.

Sorry about the poor quality; hard to get a decent scan under the size limit.

Thanks Mike, I'd be eternally greatful if you could scan the manual and send it to gregsaling@comcast.net

WOW, I like this Video card even more now that I can switch modes on the fly with SMS.Com. Thanks MikeS!!!

WOW, I like this Video card even more now that I can switch modes on the fly with SMS.Com. Thanks MikeS!!!
Yeah, it's a nice card; sorry, forgot to answer your question about changing modes in S/W, glad you found SMS yourself. Have fun!

Back