• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tall Tree System JRAM-AT3 HELP

framer

Veteran Member
A couple of years ago got a Tall Tree System JRAM-AT3 memory printer io card for free. It has 2megs of extended memory on board. Because I never had any docs or drivers I put in a drawer. Last week I got a driver disk that looks promising. Put the card in my test system which is an old 5170 and it posted fine after adjusting the setup settings. I'm sure it would back fill the memory if I could decode the switch settings.

There seems to be zero info anywhere in the world, real or imaginary, about this card. Several of the same card seems to be on fleabay so they were around at one time but no docs to be found anywhere.

I was hoping to get more info on the driver disk but just software. It does include the .ASM source files along with the executable files. Doc's on how to use the files would have been nice but I found no help.

So... HELP.

framer

I also have one of the Tall Tree JRAM-AT3 cards, just spent a few minutes digging it out of one of my parts boxes.
I have never tried this in a PC, I got it with a bunch of stuff a few years ago, no software-no docs.

This also has an add-on card , looks like maybe a clock and serial port.

Included a few pics with the switch settings on mine.

I'd like to get a copy of the software.

You got yours cheap :) I paid $1 for mine

Attachments

• DSCF0101.jpg
    DSCF0101.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF0102.jpg
    DSCF0102.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF0104.jpg
    DSCF0104.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF0106.jpg
    DSCF0106.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'll be happy to zip the files up but without doc's on how to use them were still dead in the water. I can use mine as generic 2 megs EMM with no back fill. FYI my RP3 switch setting is the same except for #1 which I have in the "ON" position. I tried it in the off position it did change the memory setting but I so far am unable to determine it and set it correctly in the CMOS.

My daughter card is different. I have the "JLASER-3" daughter card.

framer

Just went searching for jlaser-3 and found this.

Jlaser Plus memory expansion board and printer controller
Article Abstract:

Laser printers that do not include a full megabyte of memory, and therefore can not print full page graphics at 300 dps, can be enhanced with the Jlaser Plus from Tall Tree Systems. The Jlaser Plus has a JRAM-3 memory expansion board giving a PC up to 2Mbytes more RAM; there is also a 'piggyback' board that acts as a printer controller. The product works with printers that are based on the Canon LBP-CX engine including the following: Hewlett-Packard's LaserJet and LaserJet Plus, not including the Series II; Canon's A-1 and A-2; Cordata's LP-300; and Apple's Laserwriter, Laserwriter Plus, and QMS series. The product can increase printing speed because its connection, through a video interface, transmits data faster than a serial or a parallel port can, and because the printer does not wait for its own controller to build an image. Scanning speed also benefits from the faster interface, as well as from the increased RAM.

author: Grayson, Ashley, DeLossa, Robert S.
Publisher: Integrated Media, Inc.
Publication Name: Publish
Subject: Publishing industry
ISSN: 0897-6007
Year: 1987

Evaluation, Product/Service Evaluation, Product information, Computer memory, Communications protocols, Product Introduction, Performance, Transmission Speed, Peripheral Controllers, High Resolution, Semiconductor Memory, Enhancements, Tall Tree Systems, Tall Tree Systems JLaser Plus (Circuit board)

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Publi...-a-healthier-planet-how-to.html#ixzz0zEYHlJCK

the link is here

framer

If the diskette contains device drivers you should try googling the device driver filenames.
You may find some config.sys or autoexec.bat examples that use those drivers.

I found nothing of usability anywhere.

Here is the files that were on the JRAM disk that I got. If any of them prove helpful please respond here. JRAM.ZIP

Sorry for the delay in posting I had a probem then got sidetracked then forgot... Old age Sucks!

All I can use it for is a back fill for now.

framer

Hi, I'm new here in the forum. I' know this thread is pretty old, but it's the only thing I found on the web. I also have the JRAM-AT3. Unfortunatly I dont have the JETDRIVE/JSPOOL driver software to use the full functionality. Can anybody help? In exchange i could offer a copy of the complete manual.

I found some software on a hard drive from a box of parts I bought from someone here.

This was in config.sys
Code:
DEVICE=\DEVICE\JBOOT.BIN 640K
DEVICE=\DEVICE\JDRIVE.BIN
BREAK=ON
BUFFERS=15
FILES=20
COUNTRY=001
DEVICE=DEVICE\ANSI.SYS

Files are JBOOT.BIN
(c)1984,85 Tall Tree Systems. Ver 3.41

JDRIVE.BIN
(C)1984,85 Tall Tree Systems .JDRIVE RAM Disk Ver 3.21

JSPOOL.BIN
(c)1983,1984 Tall Tree Systems. Ver 2.10

JET.COM
MAKEDOS.COM
MAKEFILE.COM
SPOOLCOM.COM

Last edited:
Just got some newer versions of the drivers from mikey99!!!

Just for future reference, I found this in a readme file.
Code:
Refer to the JRAM Manual Software Sections and/or the JLaser Manual for a full
description of the files on this diskette. The various JLASER.BIN files are for
different models of the JLaser interface board for laser printers:

JLASER.BIN for JLaser-1 (for Canon based LBP-CX laser printers)
JLASER2.BIN for JLaser-2 (for Ricoh 4080-E based laser printers)
JLASER3.BIN for JLaser-Plus (for Canon based laser printers & Canon scanner)

Each of these drivers controls both the JLaser interface and other EMS
software applications. Do not install more than one JLaser driver. All versions
of JLASER.BIN and/or JPAGER.BIN can only be used with JRAM-3 or JRAM-AT3. Use 
JPAGER.BIN with these boards for EMS applications if you do not have JLaser.
Do not use both JPAGER.BIN and any version of JLASER.BIN.

JOUTXXX.COM files are various printing test files for use with with JLaser.
JINPUT.COM is a scanning test file for use with JLaser-Plus

JEMS.BIN is a new RAM disk driver that runs under EMS. You must install either
JPAGER.BIN or a version of JLASER.BIN to use JEMS.BIN. 

JLAS166.BIN, JLAS266.BIN JLAS366.BIN, and JBOOT404.BIN are reserved for future
JLaser development.

As it been years from my last post in this thread, my total solution to using this board was pull all the memory chip and use them in another board which I could get the proper doc's and software for. That board is being used in a computer somewhere in my collection. The original jram card is pushing up daisies.

framer

Did anybody ever get this figured out? I have two of these JRAM-AT3 cards in my IBM 5170 AT and I cannot get them to work as extended memory. Both cards are fully populated with 2MB of memory. I played with the jumpers in multiple configurations including the ones shown in the pictures. I was able to get the memory to be detected in POST but no matter how I configured, it would always state memory error. I was able to load the JDRIVE.BIN driver and setup as RAM drive where it works without error. I was also able to extend my base memory from 512K to 640K using JBOOT.BIN 640K driver. Still no matter how I configure my BIOS/cards it will not show anything above the 640K in DOS and always states memory size or address error at POST. It has to be something to do with the jumper/dip switch configurations. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck with only 512KB of RAM until I can get these two 2MB cards working. Thanks!

I've got the manuals for the JRAM Boards, and I can scan them. But, it will be early April 2022
before I have access to them. Jog my Memory in early April 2022 and I'll see about copying
those manuals.

Larry

I searched my Hard Drive stash and found my config.sys file
Code:
DEVICE=JBOOT.BIN 640K -C
DEVICE=JPAGER.BIN
DEVICE=EDISK.SYS 256K
DEVICE=FANSI.SYS
FILES=15
BUFFERS=15

Files are:
7015 May 18 2013 JSPOOL.BIN VER 2.10
7680 May 18 2013 JET.COM VER 3.51
3238 May 18 2013 JPAGER.BIN VER 1.40
1940 May 18 2013 JEMS.BIN VER 1.0
2046 May 18 2013 JDRIVE.BIN VER 3.60
5744 May 18 2013 JBOOT.BIN VER 3.80
821 May 18 2013 MAKEDOS.COM VER 2.50
4608 May 18 2013 MAKEFILE.COM VER 1.05B
1012 May 18 2013 SPOOLCOM.COM VER 2.07

Larry

I've got the manuals for the JRAM Boards, and I can scan them. But, it will be early April 2022
before I have access to them. Jog my Memory in early April 2022 and I'll see about copying
those manuals.

Larry
I'd appreciate it, thanks Larry!

Thank you for offering, Larry. I just stumbled upon this forum looking for instructions on how to set the clock on a jram-2 board.
Any information would be appreciated.
Mike

those manuals.

Larry
Tomorrow is April, you asked for me to jog your memory ;] If you can still get them for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again Larry!

Cyberstein, Yes, I just arrived home today after driving for 2 1/2 days. Have the truck unloaded,
but nothing put away. I powered up the router and am checking the emails and forum postings.

Will have to locate the JRAM Documents and scan them. They are colored pages so it might
take a bit of work. Give me a bit to see how it goes.

Larry

I understand sir, was just hoping you didn't forget me. :) Thanks again and I really appreciate your help!

Back