• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ATi Photos for VC Wiki

Anonymous Coward

Veteran Member
I've been working with Per to create a very detailed wiki page for ATi graphics adapters.

http://wiki.vintage-computer.com/index.php/ATi_Wonder_Series

I am particularly interested in obtaining photos of certain models. Does anyone happen to own an original VGA Wonder 8-bit card? The only photos I can find are based on the REV1/VGA edge/VGA 88 board. I'd also really like to get photos of the original EGA wonders. All I've been able to find so far is the 800 and 800+.

As it is though, if you are able to fill in any of the blanks in the tables that would be really helpful.

I like it.

How new are you going to go? After a certain point getting every version of every card would be insane, but if you end up going through at least the Win98SE or so era, I've got some cards that would be relevant (like the AGP All-In-Wonder, for example).

For the time being I am just concentrating on everything up to VGA Wonder XL24. I have a separate wiki entry for the Mach series as well. At some point I will probably go as far as Mach64 GT.

I am really beginning to wonder about the first VGA wonder card. I always assumed that it was an 8-bit card, but perhaps the 16-bit version was infact the original? But still I wonder what came before V2?

If you're interested in including more than photos of the cards themselves.......
I can email you several hi-res scans of the original ATI VGA Wonder 16 box .
The back of the box has a nice chart showing what all display types it will work with.

My ATI EGA Wonder looks different than the ones you have currently in the wiki.

I can take some better pictures but this should give you an idea of the differences.

Attachments

• DSCF0144.jpg
    DSCF0144.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0150.jpg
    DSCF0150.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
The yellow sticker was on there when I bought it a few years back (eBay).
No idea what that means, maybe the sellers inventory number. I think this
is an earlier EGA Wonder, not the 800 version.

If you do decide to add supporting documentation etc, I can provide the original ATI VGA Wonder manual in its entirety (if you don't have it already). I've also got the original ATI bus mouse that came with the card which I can also take a picture of.

Sounds great. I'll contact you when I'm ready.

I've made some progress collecting photos. I have about 95% of the photos I need, but some are still missing.

I really need:

-ATI VGAWonder V1: Does this card even exist? I can find no information on it at all.

-EGA Wonder Series 1

-VGA Edge 16: I don't have a head on high resolution version of this one

-Graphics Solution Plus SP: Probably not too hard to find

-Color Emulation Card: Unlikely to find anytime soon

Sounds great. I'll contact you when I'm ready.

I've made some progress collecting photos. I have about 95% of the photos I need, but some are still missing.

I really need:

-ATI VGAWonder V1: Does this card even exist? I can find no information on it at all.

-EGA Wonder Series 1

-VGA Edge 16: I don't have a head on high resolution version of this one

-Graphics Solution Plus SP: Probably not too hard to find

-Color Emulation Card: Unlikely to find anytime soon

I have an EGA Wonder Series 1 in my IBM 5155. I'll take a picture next time I crack the case on it.

Regards,

Greg

I just added a proper photo of the VGA Edge 16 to the vcwiki. It seems to be the least common of the VGA Wonder series. Everything is really coming together...

I'm not sure what happened. Whoever is responsible for VCwiki changed to a different system, and now I can't get the photos to come through. I think that this affects other pages too, andthey will eventually get around to fixing it.

Is it possible to maintain a list of what you still need in the first post?
Still need the EGA Wonder? And up to what model would you like to go?

If you do still need it I have an EGA Wonder P/N 16892 Rev 1 BIOS 3.05 (boxed, w/manual and disks) and we're in the same lovely city.

The EGA and VGA wonder tables are actually in the source of the page, but in Wikicode. Those tables need to be changed into BBCode format in order to show up.

Back