• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AST memory card chips needed for 5160

Abbub

Experienced Member
I have a 5160 w/ 512k.

The RTC/IO/Memory card is an AST card. I think it's a six-pack plus, but the picture I saw of the SPP had a game controller on it, and this card doesn't seem to have that.

Anyway, it only has 256 MB of memory on it at the moment and I was looking to fill it out to the full 384k. I figure that no one will ever need *more* than 640k.

Anyway, do you guys have a source for these old ????64 chips? I can get the exact part number for them when I get home, but I figure many on here probably already know what I need.

Thanks!

Whatever memory card you've got, it is quite common that if one adjusts the size of RAM on the card, that one has to adjust some of the card's switch/jumpers also. So you really do need to identify your card.

User manuals for both the long and short versions of the SixPakPlus are at http://members.dodo.com.au/~slappanel555/manuals.htm

Anyway, do you guys have a source for these old ????64 chips?
eBay is usually a source.

Thanks for the link!

It's a NEW-SPK-064, which appears to mean that it's a SixpackPlus Long. It doesn't have the game port attached to it. I do have a bracket with a game port on it, so I need to check the wiring and see if it's 'standard'.

From the manual, it seems to want:
64k Dynamic memory, 200ns, pin 1 not used, +5volt only. The manual also includes a bunch of memory part numbers, so that's something good to work on.

I figured I could look on ebay, but I was just checking to make sure there wasn't a good website where you could just go and by it without having to fool around with VINTAGE RARE UNTESTED MUSUEM QUALITY chips. ;)

If you need 4164s, I have a large antistatic bag of them, mostly working pulls from machines upgraded to 640K.

I was really more fishing for information about the chips than the chips themselves, but I appear to have killed two birds with one stone.

Back