• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What happened to IBM5150.net?!?

rimmer

Site seems to have been taken down today; did anyone make a mirror, or knows the owner? I would be more than willing to host a (redesigned, perhaps) mirror of this information goldmine!

Cheers,
/Anders

Wow. Strange.

Well, good that two weeks ago I managed to download most documents. What a coincidence.

Last edited:
I've sent an email to the owner, asking permission to carry on his work. Let's see how that pans out.

Ugh. I was just thinking the other night that I needed to download his documents, but was at home with my super-slow DSL and thought to do it at work really quick... and forgot.

Hopefully someone can take over the site. It's a shame the owner had to just shut it down like that.
If not we can probably reconstruct most of what was there. I have a few of the documents I had
downloaded from there.

Hopefully someone can take over the site. It's a shame the owner had to just shut it down like that.
If not we can probably reconstruct most of what was there. I have a few of the documents I had
downloaded from there.

It's the third time that the 5150 themed site owned by that person has disappeared. Don't be too surprised if it keeps happening.

I have also been in touch with the site owner. He explained why he dropped his support of the page in an email to me, but I won't go into it here. Let's just say that was a difference of opinion. I have just recently been chatting with him and can fully understand why he felt he had to stop keeping the page up and running. It is sad. I found the site very useful. However modem7, the link you provided was also extremely useful. I was able to complete my collection of manuals for my 5150 from that site. Thanks much.

Back