• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Panasonic Business Partner CF-270

Unknown_K

Veteran Member
So I ended up getting another members laptop to play with.

Is the Conner CP-2024 drive just a normal IDE drive (AT not XT type)? I want to replace it with an AREAL Technology 180MB IDE.

When I apply power to the unit it just blinks (all LEDs flash then nothing). Fuses that I have found read ok, no major battery leaks anywhere (might be some liquid coming out of the aluminum capacitors but nothing indicated traces are affected). Having a HD installed or not does not affect the blinking.

These units come with 1MB of RAM onboard and what looks like a streched out 30 pin SIMM bank of 4 (got to love proprietary RAM, empty sockets).

That HDD looks to be a regular IDE drive, unless I'm not seeing a few pins. Sometimes, swollen/busted capacitors can cause stuff like that to happen, even if they're not leaking.

OK, good to know about the HD. I might have to replace those can capacitors then.
That's a problem more so in motherboards from 1999-2003. I've received a few computers with those motherboards that have swollen capacitors. It causes those same problems. Turn on, stay on for two seconds, turn off.

Back