• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-IDE not seeing a DOM

evildragon

Veteran Member
I just got a disk on module for my XT-IDE, and it is not seeing the disk at all. It sees a CF card just fine, but not a disk on module.

What can I do?

Tried flashing XT-IDE universal BIOS, but am getting a timeout error when polling EEPROM.

I enabled write mode, so what am I missing?

Are you connecting the Disk On Module directly to the header on the XT IDE? (It doesn't work from a cable unless you do something funky.) Also, are you providing the DOM power?

Mike

Are you connecting the Disk On Module directly to the header on the XT IDE? (It doesn't work from a cable unless you do something funky.) Also, are you providing the DOM power?

Mike
Yes, directly on the header, and it is being provided power.

I have verified the disk works on my Firewire enclosure on my Mac, it was able to talk to it.

If anyone needs to call me for live troubleshooting, im down with that, I really need to get this thing working.

UPDATE: It would appear, that using the power connector makes it NOT work. Instead, soldering a 5v wire to the IDE pin 20 works..

I "did" splice my 5v molex connector to the motherboard power rail, but I measured it, it was +5, not -5, so I don't get it.

UPDATE: It would appear, that using the power connector makes it NOT work. Instead, soldering a 5v wire to the IDE pin 20 works..

I "did" splice my 5v molex connector to the motherboard power rail, but I measured it, it was +5, not -5, so I don't get it.
Hmm, so when switched off it fails, but when turned off and back on, it works.. This honestly seems like a timing issue to me.

EDIT: Got the XT universal BIOS running, but it still won't work with this DOM.

Last edited:
Back