• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Original IBM AT Keyboard teardown and restoration

RetroGamerVX

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I recently pulled an original IBM AT keyboard from 1986 out of the trash. It was a wee bit filthy so I've made a video of my teardown and restoration of it if you wish to watch it. Please leave any comments you feel relitive :eek:)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=220qXRvu8W0

Best regards,

Steve

Good video. I subscribed :)

I really wanted to see you reclamping that PCB back down without disturbing any of the rockers though! I find that part really quite hard.

Lucky!! I've been looking for one of those for a few years now, but can't see paying the eBay pricing for them. It seems that there's a select few people who will bid those PC AT 84-key keyboards insanely high...

(and if you're not partial to keeping this one, want it to have a good home, and don't want to make a killing, PM me! if, however, you're wanting to make a killing - ebay it)

I don't have a problem with the prices on those things. I just sold one for $125 a few days ago and I'm perfectly satisfied with the price!

Lucky!! I've been looking for one of those for a few years now, but can't see paying the eBay pricing for them. It seems that there's a select few people who will bid those PC AT 84-key keyboards insanely high...

(and if you're not partial to keeping this one, want it to have a good home, and don't want to make a killing, PM me! if, however, you're wanting to make a killing - ebay it)

Back