• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Emulex 8 bit SCSI card

fatwizard

Veteran Member
I got this Emulex card from ePay a last year. It was billed as a network adapter, but it looked like a SCSI card in the photos. I believe it is this card here.

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/hard-di...to-seven-SCSI-devices-IB02.html#ixzz24vGx7Po5

I had been collecting 8 bit SCSI components for my 5160 so as to use the slightly less fragile drives to backup the old primary MFM drive. I could never get any response from this card, and had no real clue what the problem might be. Physical inspection reveals no issues. It appears to be in quite good condition.

Thanks to the generosity of the many knowledgeable members on this forum, I have learned some new tricks. Using a program called "Saverom", suggested by a member here for a different project, I discovered that there is apparently code loading into system memory at the address specified by the switches on the card. Using Debug to view that code, I can find no recognizable strings of characters (i.e. brand and copyright info) that I see when I look at the rom code from any of my other controller cards.

My questions are, is anyone familiar with this card? I now suspect that the eprom is corrupt. Would that seem likely, or do I assume too much? Except for repetitions of the data found at stason.org, I can't seem to tease any more info on this card from the internet. I have included a couple of pictures to aid ID.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

DSCF4191.jpgDSCF4193.jpg

Back