• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Epson HMD-755 20MB Hard Drive Difficulties

KLund1

Veteran Member
Hi,
I have a Epson HMD-755 hard drive that when it is powered up just makes one click. and no other sound. Connecting to different PSU's gives the same result. Is it dead? Or stuck? If stuck, is there anything I can do to help make this drive spin up? If not could you recommend an equivalent drive. The activity light from the controller board the drive is connected to light often as it is trying to access the drive, so I think the controller is still ok.
Thanks

Hi,
I have a Epson HMD-755 hard drive that when it is powered up just makes one click. and no other sound. Connecting to different PSU's gives the same result. Is it dead? Or stuck? If stuck, is there anything I can do to help make this drive spin up? If not could you recommend an equivalent drive. The activity light from the controller board the drive is connected to light often as it is trying to access the drive, so I think the controller is still ok.
Thanks

Any luck on getting the drive up and running? I am trying to start up an old drive of the same type, and I am experiencing the same behaviour as you. Just a click, no motor running, drive light flashing for a bit, then it starts to flash half second on and one second off.

Hello
I just found the same device with the same symptoms and tried the search here about to see what it brings up.
As likely for this old drives the motor just needs a little push after the click sound to spin up. Then it works. Unfortunately it needs this little assistance for every spin up.

I have now several hard disks here with this failure. It seams that the bearings got stiff after the time.
Does someone know if there is a solution for this? At least it wouldn't be easy to renew its lubricant or to bring some oil inside.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

Back