• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hard Rubbish Find

bobba84

Veteran Member
On the way to my sister's on Christmas day, I spotted an old AT clone on the hard rubbish outside someone's house. So, much to the dismay of the other half, I stopped and grabbed it.

Turns out the motherboard was seriously corroded from a leaking battery, and the hard disk and floppy drive had been removed. But, after looking around upstairs at work, I found some suitable replacement parts.

Just in case you, like I, like to see resurrected systems, pics are below:

IMG_4865.jpgIMG_4866.jpgIMG_4867.jpg

Bobby.

Nice find. Not just an AT case but a flip-top as well. And in darn good condition! I've got an XT style flip-top and use it all the time for testing. Flip-tops make very nice cases.

Congrats, I love flip top cases, perfect for guys like me who constantly are tweaking their stuff.

I love where I live but one thing that does suck about living near Seattle is that the green-ways of things tend to make such finds very hard due to hardcore recycling regulations. I'm at least lucky in my complex that some people don't "Follow the rules" and throw out computers, however, 90% of the time it's Pentium 4 or better stuff that's getting thrown out.

Nice looking case! Wish 1/2 the stuff i found looked as good!

Love the core sticker on the lcd...kinda feels like an afterthought lol

Back