• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HP Vectra ES/12 286: Looking for Power Supply pin layout

achim2211

Guys,

I've got a HP Vectra ES/12 286 in quite good condition. The issue is that the power supply is dead. I opened the PS and on the first look one large condencer in the primary part is blown up along with a exploded optocoupler. I don't want to invest buying those parts becuase there is high chance it still won't work. Instead I am looking to put another old power supply PCB into the HP PS chassis.

My problem is that I have no clue what the cable coding is. Obviously red, yellow and black is clear. In addition the huge connector carries 4 more cables: blue, violet, green, orange.
I was expecting 3 more cables, power good, -5V and -12V but no idea what the 4th cable is for. The spare part number of the PS is 45935-60231 if this helps.

There are 5 supplies mentioned on the PS:
A. 5V 17.5A
B. -5V 0.25A
C. 12V 2.4A
D. -12V 0.25A
E. 12V 1 A

Here is how the connector reads in terms of colors:
1. blue : ?
2. violet : ?
3. green : ?
4 orange : ?
5..9: black : ground
10: NC
11..15 red : +5V
16. yellow : +12V
17. black : ground

Does anyone know what 1...4 are? Or does someone has a spare supply for me? Or any other hints?

Thanks,
Achim

Last edited:
I was able to get the pin layout of the power supply by checking the connection to the power supply ports of the ISA slots. Then I adopted an ordinary power supply to the HP power mainboard connector.

Unfortunately and to my surprise the HP board with the supplied VGA didn't bring any BIOS message. A double beep, thats all. I changed the VGA and checed voltages on ISA slot but all is fine.

Any ideas, suggestions? Originally the power supply was blown up (an exploded capacitor) but now it seems there is damage on the mainbord too.

Cheers
Achim

I need help with the same thing.

I need help with the same thing.

I was able to get the pin layout of the power supply by checking the connection to the power supply ports of the ISA slots. Then I adopted an ordinary power supply to the HP power mainboard connector.

Unfortunately and to my surprise the HP board with the supplied VGA didn't bring any BIOS message. A double beep, thats all. I changed the VGA and checed voltages on ISA slot but all is fine.

Any ideas, suggestions? Originally the power supply was blown up (an exploded capacitor) but now it seems there is damage on the mainbord too.

Cheers
Achim

I was wondering if you could show me what the end result looked like?

Hi!

The end result is that most likely the motherboard is broken. All voltages on the ISA bus are fine, so my adopted PS is good. I also tried changing some DIP switches but the PC is dead.

I know have the original Vectra with 8MHz, with a lless integrated MB than the ES/12, this works great.

-Achim

I am looking for the pinouts

I am looking for the pinouts

Hi!

The end result is that most likely the motherboard is broken. All voltages on the ISA bus are fine, so my adopted PS is good. I also tried changing some DIP switches but the PC is dead.

I know have the original Vectra with 8MHz, with a lless integrated MB than the ES/12, this works great.

-Achim

I am looking for the pinouts to the power supply so I can repair mine. I just can’t tell if it is the switch or if it is any leaky capacitors. So I am really just looking for the pinout code through the use of the colour coding.

P.s: Also if you want you can send the board to me and I can troubleshoot it with my parts for you.

I was wanting to know what the pinout for the power supply was. Thanks

I am looking for the pinouts to the power supply so I can repair mine. I just can’t tell if it is the switch or if it is any leaky capacitors. So I am really just looking for the pinout code through the use of the colour coding.

P.s: Also if you want you can send the board to me and I can troubleshoot it with my parts for you.

Sorry about the last line of this post I forgot to remove it as I had already typed it up and hit send instead of editing it. Just forget about the option to troubleshoot. Sorry

Cheers
Achim

Hi i was wanting to know if you could please share the pinouts of pins 1, 2, 3, 4. thanks. i am in real need of this thank you again in advance.

Back