• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PC 5150 rear metal plug (missing)

romanon

Veteran Member
Hello, does anybody have that little rear metal plug he doesn't need? I'd be really grateful if you sent it to me. I need it to my rev. A IBM PC. I have US address also if will be needed. Thanks
Roman.

IMG_6297.jpg

Hello, does anybody have that little rear metal plug he doesn't need? I'd be really grateful if you sent it to me. I need it to my rev. A IBM PC. I have US address also if will be needed. Thanks
Roman.

View attachment 44105

I have a 5160 which is different. Never had nor have I ever really gotten a good look at the back of a 5150. I am aware they have a cassette port, but that is all. What the heck went in that round port?

I have a 5160 which is different. Never had nor have I ever really gotten a good look at the back of a 5150. I am aware they have a cassette port, but that is all. What the heck went in that round port?

maybe for water cooling pipe :D (joke)

While a simple hole is general purpose, I believe it may have been intended for the CGA/MDA connected light pen.

I recall that my 5150 case had one of those, but it better shape.

It's pretty much a standard item., though the 5150 is either painted black or has shiny nickel plate. I've seen them both ways, so IBM wasn't exactly consistent.

Ebay has them also, 1" example. I don't recall what the hole size is in the 5150 case, but I'm pretty sure that eBay has those.

Last edited:
I recall that my 5150 case had one of those, but it better shape.

It's pretty much a standard item., though the 5150 is either painted black or has shiny nickel plate. I've seen them both ways, so IBM wasn't exactly consistent.

Ebay has them also, 1" example. I don't recall what the hole size is in the 5150 case, but I'm pretty sure that eBay has those.

ok thanks I will examine that

google "chrome hole plug" and look at the images results.

The plug on mine is black, not sure if it is metal or plastic. The chrome ones are a standard item at most hardware stores. Just measure the size of the hole.

google "chrome hole plug" and look at the images results.

The plug on mine is black, not sure if it is metal or plastic. The chrome ones are a standard item at most hardware stores. Just measure the size of the hole.

If i am correct, its 3/4" hole

Back