• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Will this Motherboard fit in an XT case, and does it use an AT or XT Keyboard

It is almost certainly an AT board, so it would need an AT or PS/2 (with adapter) Keyboard. As for fitting in a 5160 case, I think this is highly likely, but I would be guessing. Once you get it, you can try it in there and see how it fits.

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure because if not then Id cancel the order. I'm also going to get a 80287 math co processor for it. Its going to run PC-DOS 6 and be a dual floppy system with a CF for a hard drive. Im going to have the ISA VGA Card you send me, the SIIG Multi - I/O i bought BNIB on eBay for 25 dollars, an ISA Ethernet Card, a sound blaster AWE 64 and an ISA SCSI Card for a SCSI CD-ROM (External) and SCSI ZIP Drive (Internal, Maybe)

"Baby AT" is synonymous with XT form factor, or should be. Compare the photos to those of an XT and see if the holes look the same, kb connector in the same place. Yes if it's an AT, regardless of form factor it will or should need an AT kb. But who knows.

Ok, only 5 slots. There were 286 drop in replacements that we're PC, not XT, form factor. More data needed. The Bullet 286 was one such board. Can't remember if it used a kb for a PC, but it seems logical that it would.

I don't know about a genuine IBM 5160 XT case, but from my experience most baby AT clone boards usually fit fine in most XT clone cases. The one thing to watch out for is that sometimes XT style cases have an extra screw mount or two that AT boards don't use. So if the case has any kind of metal screw recepticals sticking up from the bottom you may have to push or trim one back to keep it from shorting with the bottom of the motherboard.

Back