• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CHS value for 32MB CF Card?

IBMAT5170

Banned
so in my XT to 286 Conversion I am using a CF Card. I have an ST-225 but I need its drive bay for a 3.5 inch diskette and I dont have the correct hardware to install drives in the upper bay. Anyways so I know that the bios of this board is going to want the Cylinder, head, sector, wp values for this 32mb card and I have no idea what im gonna put in there... Does anyone have a idea of what i could do

so I use my Windows 7 (Main) PC to download the utility, use my USB Floppy drive to put it on a floppy disk, then I insert that disk in the DOS machine, and run it from the floppy disk on the 286?

I have an ST-225 but I need its drive bay for a 3.5 inch diskette and I dont have the correct hardware to install drives in the upper bay.
What hardware do you need?

Where are you located?

Your Profile conveniently holds that info so you don't have to mention it every time you post a message.

Yes--if you need a DOS prompt, be sure to put a bootable DOS on the floppy or swap disks between the DOS boot and the one you've used for the Seagate utilities.

Okay, well, I have the board of mother arriving tomorrow. I obviously have the case, the XT case. I have a 3.5'' and 5.25 inch disk drive and I have a brand new SIIG controller. I have a 32 MB CF card and a CF to IDE adapter card with bracket, meow! I am shipping my model F to a moderator here for him to ship me a VGA card and AT keyboard, meow. The "Leftover hardware" is as follows: AST Six Pack, Seagate ST 225 and controller card, Async Serial card, IBM Floppy Controller, and a Hercules graphics adapter. If I could get my hands on an Amber or Green TTL monitor, id opt for that and use the VGA in a 486 project, however, I have not been able to find a reasonably priced mono crt. I would like an Intel AboveBoard RAM card or similar, and I'd like a Caddy-loading Sony CD-ROM, 2x or 1x speed is fine, and period appropriate. But those optional items are for the future and not essential for right in the moment. I plan to modify one of the 5.25 inch black panel fill ins for the upper drive bay to have a power light, and a disk activity light, and a keylock perhaps as the mobo i ordered supports a key lock meow. I just wanna build one bad-ass 286. the kind of 286 that a rich dude would have had, back in the day.

Back