• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PC/GEOS Source code & Apps now available on Git!

Builder1

The entirety of the PC/GEOS operating system, it’s SDK and apparently, ALL of it’s software, have been posted up on Git for community availability and further development !

It appears to be at least PC/GEOS 2.0 and possibly newer. Many files are dated 1991 and many have additional revision dates of “97/04/04 NewDeal” which is at least version 2.5 I believe.

You can find the Git repo here:
https://github.com/bluewaysw/pcgeos

J

Awesome!! And of course it is all assembler :-D

Hope it is complete and buildable -- I have a few bugs I want to fix (for example, PC GEOS locks up if an NEC V30 is installed) and possibly add support for more video modes. I'm also curious to see what the memory management strategy looks like.

I just looked at the repo and its looks complete. I never thought we would hear from Blueway again after they bought Breadbox. This is a good thing - I bought Breadbox Ensemble and its nice, but adding new features/applications that can be used by higher end systems (mp3 player for example) was nigh impossible without more source code. Another project for 2019... :).

The source code (all 61 MB of it) can be turned into something that can installed on a hard drive. In theory, one can create a demonstrator on a bootable floppy but there won't be much room after the base GUI.

Hopefully, Blueway will rerelease the SDK documentation that got a stealthy release by Breadbox.

The source code (all 61 MB of it) can be turned into something that can installed on a hard drive. In theory, one can create a demonstrator on a bootable floppy but there won't be much room after the base GUI.

Hopefully, Blueway will rerelease the SDK documentation that got a stealthy release by Breadbox.

THis is pretty amazing. I wish I knew assembly!

Does any one know if BreadBox Ensemble 4.13 (the version in the git repo) had it's kernel/system revised to 386 or Pentium instructions or was it still x86 ??
J

Back