• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"upgraded" IBM AT...

Does the 486 reside on the main board?

Where on earth else would it be?
emot-v.gif

The power supply made me literally laugh out loud.

I'm also trying to figure out why the 5¼" floppy drive has a "720k" label on it. Quad density, or wishful thinking?

Why handwrite "Foxconn?"

Again, blatantly dishonest. Couldn't power on, or wouldn't power on? Why bother lying? Either say you were too lazy to try it, or admit that it just doesn't work.

Why handwrite "Foxconn?"
LOL!!!!!!

Again, blatantly dishonest. Couldn't power on, or wouldn't power on? Why bother lying? Either say you were too lazy to try it, or admit that it just doesn't work.

Strange that it must have been somewhat recently used with the CF card and such. Like the guy didn't know to hook that other wire to the switch to power up. BS. That thing should be pulled behind the shed and shot.

I messaged the seller, pointing out it was not an IBM AT, just a case with a badly jammed in "upgrade"

Offered them $50 cash and a local pickup for it. We'll see what happens...

People did upgrade their old AT's back then. My boss in the 90's gutted his original Compaq 386 at work and put a 486 then Pentium into it. We used to go to the Russian owned computer stores around Cleveland with the company credit card and buy whatever motherboards, chips, video cards etc we needed for upgrades because new machines needed approval from the bean counter accountant but upgrades didn't.

I sent them a message and got this back:

Rica will be closed on Saturday 12/29/2018 and remain closed till Tuesday 12/01/2019 in observance of New Years. We will resume normal business hours on Wednesday 12/02/2019.

So I guess I'll get an answer around this time next year... LOL.

How much?!

"Unable to Power On" - surely it's easy to power on?? Looks like you have to jump-start it using the wires poking out of the front of the case!!! ;)

I wouldn’t mind betting it’s busted because the 486dx has been living without a heat sink. The only chip I’ve ever killed was a 486.

I might be worth it for parts. It's got a 50mb SCSI+interface card, 80md IDE + CF card.

I'm guessing someone pulled the 720k drive and replaced it with a FH 360k drive. The top drive IMHO is the 1.44M floppy.

It would not take much to turn it into something working. The front on the case does not look bad-bad, just the back seems bad but with a monitor sitting on top would be mostly hidden.

It has a ATX PS which needs a momentary switch, it shown with the wrong type of switch.

framer

Back