• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Incomplete BOOT on my 5150 using Supersoft Landmark Diagnostic ROM

p.giaquinto

Unfortunately my 5150 don't works, no beeps with minimum diagnostic configuration… no screen with full configuration.
I have burned a 2764 using Supersoft Landmark Diagnostic ROM image to try some diagnostics… it starts but the boot stops on U36 :-(
I have already replaced sa broken 8288 and I have tested all 4164 RAMs (4x64KB) on another working MB, a XT clone.
Please see the attachement, can you help me?? I hope, thank you very much.
Pino

Attachments

• IMG_5421.jpg
    IMG_5421.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 3
That message should say "8255 PARITY DETECTED". Looks as if you have a possible video issue or an I/O conflict. You haven't even gotten to the motherboard memory check yet.

That message should say "8255 PARITY DETECTED".
Yes and it is incomplete and corrupted on display…why?
I tried to replace the 8255 with another working chip but I haven't solved :mad:

Looks as if you have a possible video issue or an I/O conflict.
My video card is a Hercules and works fine… I'm sure because I use it on my XT. I/O conflict?? Where I can investigate?

I tried using a Ruud DIAGROM also, but the boot is still incomplete, please see attachement.

Before the tests using the two diagnostic ROM I have made some controls on many signals using my original ROM (10/27/82), please see other attachement: there are some signals from my MB… some seconds loaded starting from Power On.
/IOW pulse for about 50ms then go UP forever, then after other 50ms ALE don't pulse anymore and stay DOWN.

I hope you can help me... :(

Attachments

• IMG_5425.jpg
    IMG_5425.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2019-08-08 (3).jpg
    2019-08-08 (3).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
Back