• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Multitech 700 Plus - MPF-PC/700 PB85017(I)-4A mobo help

MadMaxx1234

Hello.

I came by the following ancient PC XT system: Multitech 700 Plus - MPF-PC/700 PB85017(I)-4A.

I would like to revive/upgrade it, but I have no idea how to configure the system using the DIP switches (SW1 & SW2). Naturally, no manual is available.

Does anybody know how to use the DIP switches to configure the system?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Motherboard.jpg

Educated guess:

The SW1/SW2 settings may be per the IBM PC (IBM 5150), shown at [here].

However, because the motherboard contains a serial port and parallel port, I would expect that a mechanism would be provided to enable/disable/configure those. The resolution of the photo is poor and I cannot see any jumpers. There would need to be multiple jumpers. Therefore, it could be that SW1 is per the IBM XT (IBM 5160) and SW2 is used for the serial port and parallel port (and other).

A slightly earlier version of the motherboard appears to be shown at [here]. On that, the settings of the switch bank nearest the edge of the motherboard matches nicely with those of SW1 on an IBM PC and IBM XT. The settings of the other switch bank (1 to 7 on, 8 off) are not as expected for SW2 on an IBM PC, however, maybe someone was experimenting, or maybe the switch block is indeed for the serial port and parallel port.

There is only one jumper, which controls the processor speed (Normal: 4.77MHz / Turbo: 8MHz).

I guess the ports are configured through SW1 & SW2. I will test your recommandations and report back ...

Back