• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

identify ram module card, found nothing after hours of searching... thanks

prinz3nroll3

Hi
please help me identify the ram module.

i investigate some hours of searching around the www but found nothing about the module.

for which hardware is the ram?

Some Labels on the module:
Made in Japan
PC50N9CA
MH1M16MAJS
Japan -BL
2385A01
MES-CFBA1602

ICS are
m5m44400ATP
239SF02-8L

and some pictures:
RAM_MODUL_A.jpgRAM_MODUL_B.jpg

Where did you get the card? What does the connector look like? I can see it has 50 pins and based on the approximate size, I would guess that it is an MSX cartridge out of the shell. But there were a lot of obscure connectors so would need more information for accuracy.

The RAM chips are 1Meg DRAMs, so the module as loaded is 4 Meg. It looks like fully populated, it is a 16 Meg module. I have no idea what it goes into.
Dwight

The RAM chips are 1Meg DRAMs, so the module as loaded is 4 Meg. It looks like fully populated, it is a 16 Meg module. I have no idea what it goes into.
Dwight
thanks for the information, i think although that the module is 4mb ram module,
but the modul has a strange shape

RAM_MODUL_C.jpg

Toshiba's memory card expansion system has only 40 pins. I think based on the holes on the card, the card was intended to have some type of cover.

MSX had RAM expansion cartridges but the connector was a card edge not the slot on the card shown. https://www.msx.org/wiki/Classic_PC_16MB_Expansion_Memory So not clearly not for MSX.

I have no idea what exposed a 50 pin card edge expansion connector.

Isn't that card a bit too big for an MSX computer? 8 Bit computer and 4-16 MB RAM is a bit far away...?

I think this card could be for a laser printer.

Isn't that card a bit too big for an MSX computer? 8 Bit computer and 4-16 MB RAM is a bit far away...?

I think this card could be for a laser printer.

Hello,
some more hints, for the cards?

Dwight

Thank you so much for the solution. I have been searching about it from long time. Its pretty awesome. love this.

Back