• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Olivetti memory board

mcs_5

Experienced Member
I have been going through my boxes of stuff, and I found this board. It's a made in Italy PC1050 MEMORY EXP BD 0095-05-00 with 128kB fitted (sockets for 256kB more).

But what system is it meant for? I'm guessing something 8086 based - the oldest Olivetti system I have is 286-based...

Olivetti-3.jpg

Olivetti-4.jpg

Does anybody recognise it?

The Olivetti M24 and related systems had a similar split set of card fingers. I can't find a picture of the memory expansion card in quick search to verify that this card is for that system.

This is for early M24 (XP1050 is it's model number, see rear side of the machine on model plate), for machines which do not have 640 kB onboard memory.

According to pocket service guide there are those memory boards: ME048, ME049, ME062, ME056STL. No idea what's the difference between them.

Just another note: Maybe some of these cards are able to be setup as high/umb memory, somehwere between 640 and 1MB, so maybe the card is still interesting if the mainboard has alrwady full 640 kB.

My card has ME048-A on the top copper layer.

I did consider the M24 as an option, but I didn't find this memory board on the M24 pages I looked at. Thanks for the confirmation :)

If anybody needs this board for their M24 - it's yours...

I am interested to get that board. No idea if it has usage for me, but please... :) If it can be setup as high memory extension, then it's interesting, I have a driver which can upload drivers on XTs there (confram/jenseits from c't magazine)

Where are you located, in the US or Europe?

Back