• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Gravis Ultrasound Ace DMA problems

robbo007

Experienced Member
Hi everyone,
I'm having problems getting my GUS ACE working on a 486 PC I acquired. I had it configured on my PII 400 under Windows 95 working perfectly. Now I'm trying under MSDOS 6.22 but can't seem to get a free DMA port. Each time I run the setup to configure the ports it says unsuccessful on all of the DMA ports that it can use. However if I try and configure a SB16 VIBRA card and use DMA 1 for example the sound blaster works fine. But alas the Ultrasound cannot use a DMA port. I'm using the latest drivers for the GUS ACE 4.11. I've removed everything out of the computer except the video card i/o card and the GUS ACE. Still the same.

Any ideas?

Try configuring the driver to a seemingly useable DMA port manually. IOW, edit the config.sys to what you want it to try and use. Try it with various ports.

Try configuring the driver to a seemingly useable DMA port manually. IOW, edit the config.sys to what you want it to try and use. Try it with various ports.

That did the trick. I found a website that talked about this same issue being a known problem with the setup.exe. I also had an older version of the software which didn't help. Once updated to 4.11 (latest version) and forcing the DMA to 7 via the setup and also in the autoexec.bat it works. :)

Try configuring the driver to a seemingly useable DMA port manually. Try it with various ports.

Back