• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-IDE (Lo-Tech) and Error 1h!

fjk61011

Veteran Member
I've googled and searched the forum.

I have an XT-IDE card (Lo Tech) and get an error 1h! after the bios screen.

Any ideas to what this means?

I have the same issue. I'm trying to get one to work in a Cordata CS40 (XT - compatible) with no luck. The bios shows up and I can select my boot preference but never recognizes the CF card. Even purchased a card from a guy that makes these and ensures them working. Can't find much info on this computer but looks similar to the Leading Edge model M I think. I tried the card in all four slots. I have to use this solution as the HD is on it's way out. What do you mean by "changed the IDE cable to center connector", changing slots? I too have the XT-IDE from lotech and the adapter from texelect which works with the lotech card.

I have the same issue. I'm trying to get one to work in a Cordata CS40 (XT - compatible) with no luck. The bios shows up and I can select my boot preference but never recognizes the CF card. Even purchased a card from a guy that makes these and ensures them working. Can't find much info on this computer but looks similar to the Leading Edge model M I think. I tried the card in all four slots. I have to use this solution as the HD is on it's way out. What do you mean by "changed the IDE cable to center connector", changing slots? I too have the XT-IDE from lotech and the adapter from texelect which works with the lotech card.

On the cable the centre connector is the slave for the ide drive

Found my issue, was a jumper setting that i had no information on. Thought it was for the real time clock so never messed with it. I removed the jumper and boom all is good :)

No motherboard jumpers. Seems there are many different setups that did not follow ibm/xt standards.

No motherboard jumpers. Seems there are many different setups that did not follow ibm/xt standards.
Do you have any documentation on those jumpers and settings? I am trying to do the exact same thing and getting the same error. Can't find any documentation on what the different jumpers and dip switches do.

Back