• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for a PC - Computerland BC88

JonnyGators

Experienced Member
Hello. For some years now I've been keeping my eyes out for a specific PC, a computerland BC88. Obviously for nostalgia reasons. But....never have I run across one, or seen one come up on ebay, or anyplace else. Any tips on how one could track down a specific PC?

Found a picture of one:

bc88.JPG

Not exactly what we had, ours had 1 5.25" drive, and a built in HD. CGA monitor. The buttons are two metal contacts, which touching them completes the connection. Would love to find both the PC and monitor. I seem to recall there being a reason for us getting rid of it, something stopped working....but the thought of it being left on the curb still makes me sad, it probably could have been fixed.....at the time it made sense, I had recently purchased a Pentium 133 with Windows 95, for quite some time the family computer had been a 386 that was still working, what possible reason could we have to want to hold onto an old 8088 processor computer with only 640k of RAM that could barely do anything we wanted to do by now? Something that couldn't run Windows seemed so useless at the time. If only I knew, someday I'd want to set that thing up and play around with it again.

Persistence. Daily or weekly searches on Craigslist, eBay, OfferUp, Facebook Marketplace, CPU World, Bonanza, LetGo, AmiBay and so on and you may get lucky (or not). Usually requires a lot of sweat equity. Or just plain luck.

Back